HINDUSTAN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (HITSAA)
- Hindustan Alumni Association (HITSAA), since its inception in 1993, has been actively involved in promoting student-faculty-alumni interactions and networks. HITSAA is registered as a Society (Sl. No. 156/2014) under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 27 of 1975. HITSAA Office is situated in the HITS Bay Area Campus, Chennai and is operated by Alumni.
- HITSAA acts as a bridge between the alumni and the University, and serves as channel of communication for interactions between alumni, students and faculty. HITSAA Office manages Alumni Relations of the University which includes catering to Alumni needs, establishment and operation of National and International Alumni Chapters, Alumni Reunions, release of HITSAA Newsletter and so on.
- Membership of HITSAA is open to all graduates of erstwhile Hindustan College of Engineering (HCE) and Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), and all such people who pursued Short term courses, Certificate or Diploma programs in the University.
HITSAA has established the following Alumni Chapters till date.
- HITSAA UAE Alumni Chapter (in Dubai)
- HITSAA Oman Alumni Chapter (in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman)
- HITSAA Bhutan Alumni Chapter (in Thimpu, Bhutan)
- HITSAA Chennai Chapter (in Chennai - University Campus)
- Plans are underway to inaugurate Alumni Chapters at Singapore, USA, Bangalore and Kerala.)
- The official HITSAA Facebook group has over 8000 members, through which latest updates and news are shared with Alumni. Separate HITSAA groups are available for International Alumni Chapters. The Official HITSAA FB Group can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hindustan.Alumni.Association/
- HITSAA database is constantly updated by the respective Department Alumni Coordinators. Currently the database has over 10, 600 Alumni records.
- The HITSAA Executive Committee comprising Alumni from different batches meets every semester to dwell upon the activities undertaken as well as to plan and execute Alumni events for the forthcoming season. Department Alumni Coordinators and student teams facilitate alumni relations of the respective departments.
- HITSAA releases its Annual Newsletter 'My Hindustan' every year featuring Alumni news, achievements, articles and snippets.
As set forth in the Byelaws, the primary objectives of HITSAA are
- To strengthen alumni connections with their Alma Mater and with each other
- To systematically and steadily improve the image, reputation and status of Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, both nationally and internationally
- To become the voice of the alumni in all matters related to the betterment of the University
- To foster continuing professional/academic development of the University
- To project the University's contribution to numerous fields of education, nationally and internationally
- The University in association with HITSAA organises the Annual Alumni Meet every year which provides an opportunity to alumni from all the batches to interact and network. Further batchwise reunions are regularly organised. Silver Jubilee Reunions of the first four batches (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992) were held on campus in August 2014, August 2015, July 2016 and August 2017 respectively, wherein senior Alumni came together from across the globe along with their families and celebrated the memorable occasion.
- The First batch MBA (1996) Alumni met on campus in July 2014.First batch MCA Alumni celebrated their 20th Reunion in July 2017. Further, individual Departments / Schools also organise Alumni Meets for their respective Alumni.
- Alumni batches interact with students and faculty during their visits to campus. Alumni pay tributes to the Founder Chairman and felicitate their teachers respectfully.
- The Fourth batch Alumni instituted four Annual Awards to encourage Research publications from final year students and young Faculty of Civil, Mechanical and Electronic departments, and one Annual award for individual Sports achievement by a final year student.
- Alumni representatives are members of the Departments' Board of Studies. Alumni provide advice for enhancing the curriculum and for upgrading the laboratories with latest technologies as per the current trends in the Industry.
- Alumni take part in the Hindustan Technology Business Incubation (HTBI) and Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC), for mentoring and inspiring student entrepreneurs.
- Alumni visit the campus regularly to deliver Technical Lectures/Seminars and motivational lectures.
- Alumni come forward to offer Internships and Placements to students.
- An Alumni Team is constituted for Industrial Relations and assists the University in sustaining relationship with Industry leaders.
ALUMNI EVENTS 2022-2023
- Hindustan Americas Alumni Chapter Inaugural Meet- Washington D.C, 3rd Jun 2023
- Inaugural Meet of Hindustan East Asia Alumni Chapter (HEAAC), Malaysia- 11th Feb 2023
- Annual Alumni Meet 2022- Chennai, 7th Jan 2023
- Annual Alumni Meet- Chennai, 10th Dec 2022
- 25th Reunion, Silver Jubilee Celebration- Chennai, 5th Nov 2022
- SPORT-X for Alumni- 9th Jul 2022
- Gyan Disha 2022- 23rd Apr 2022
- AP & Telangana Alumni Chapter Meet- 25th Mar 2022
- HITS - Delhi Alumni Chapter Meet-29th Jan 2022
UAE Chapter Reunions
Annual Alumni Meet Feb-2016
3rd Batch (1991) Silver Jubilee Reunion
2nd Batch (1990) Silver Jubilee Reunion
Alumni Meet 2013